This blog is a sounding board for Oldgolfdawg, a veteran chaser of the little white pea. It will be used to share his thoughts about golf in general, but it will concentrate largely on topics of interest to central Ohio golfers.


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Oldgolfdawg hopes to learn new tricks

Some excellent feedback on my best-places-to-play guide from Adam C., a friend and former co-worker, suggested Oldgolfdawg wasn't giving Blacklick Woods Golf Course its due by only tossing it 2 1/2 dog biscuits. Adam is a faithful follower of the little white pea and I respect his opinion when he says, "I personally enjoy Blacklick more than a couple of your three-biscuit courses."

In fairness to Blacklick, Oldgolfdawg has to admit he hasn't played the course in more than five years. So when Adam says he likes how well maintained the course is, it's worth noting. As I explained in presenting the guide, the subjective ratings were based on personal experiences collected over 26 years of playing golf in central Ohio. Some of the memories admittedly are long in the tooth and might not reflect current realities.

Adam's take on the matter makes me want to check out Blacklick again so I can update my impressions at the scene of some of my past crimes. I do recall never putting well at Blacklick, but that could be said about a lot venues I have visited. Perhaps my difficulties on the greens there biased my opinion of the overall experience to too great an extent. I do know there is a correlation between how much one likes a course and how well one played it. In that regard, I'm guilty if charged.

I hope Adam and other followers of Chase The Pea will offer their insights on courses I have listed in my best-places-to-play guide, which will become a permanent fixture in the sidebar area on the right side of this blog. Updated insights and opinions are always better than the memories of an Oldgolfdawg. And insights and opinions on courses not part of the guide would be appreciated, too. Maybe an Oldgolfdawg can still learn some new tricks with the help of others who are also chasing the pea. That was the goal when I started this blog.

http://www.metroparks.net/ParksBlacklickWoodsGolfCourse.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment